The list of herbs, as any other list in the application, allows you to view all the important information that can be displayed in one list for the herbs registered in the database, without having to open the 'Herb Details' form. As you can see in the attached pictures, the screen is separated from top to bottom in three parts. On top there is the ribbon where the buttons associated with the list are visible and the main part of the screen is occupied by the list itself. The bottom of the screen is covered with the application's notifications plus a memo indicating what are the colourings of the list about.
The selected herb's record of the list is highlighted. You can use the mouse wheel or the vertical scroll bar to move down between the list's herbs' records. You can sort the list from A-Z and vice versa or from the newest to the oldest values and the other way around, depending on which displayed field's label you decide to click on. For example, if you click on the 'Description' label, the list will be sorted from A-Z. If you click again, the list will be sorted from Z-A. The same principle applies to the numeric and date values in the list.
Dr. Michelakis has made the effort to populate the list of herbs with a vast amount of herbs and their properties in the database.This list is continuously updating with new herbs. You can obtain this list by contacting us or Dr. Michelakis himself (at no extra cost)!
To narrow down the list's results, you have two options. A) You can use the 'Instant Search' field which will narrow down the list as you type. B) You can click on the 'Filter Herbs' button which in turn will open a new form allowing you to set one or more criteria that can filter the list's results. On the Herb's Filter' form you can employ multiple criteria if you want to.
You can use the rest of the ribbon's buttons as follows:
- Export Current List to PDF: Allows you to export the currently displayed list (filtered or non-filtered) to a PDF file. The application will display a message regarding the exported file's full path.
- Print Current List: You can print out the currently displayed list for further use.
- Add New Herb: Will open the 'Herb Details' form to enter a new Herb's Details/Properties.
- Selected Herb's Details: Will open the 'Herb Details' form where you can view/edit all the details/properties for the selected herb.
- Printout Details: Will allow you to print the selected herb's details.
- Remove Selected Herb: Removes the selected Herb's record from the database.
- E-mail Selected Herb To: Gives you the option to send an e-mail to Microsoft Outlook contact by attaching all the details/properties report in PDF format, for the selected herb in the message. You may also create your own signature for the e-mails sent by the application. See our article 'Outlook Signatures' for further information regarding that process. Also gives you the possibility to attach the a patient's PDF details report to the e-mail message.
By double clicking on a herb's record field (i.e. English Name, Latin Name etc.) the 'Herb Details' form will open for that herb.